Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family Visit & Octoberfest Denver

The weekend after we went to WI, Jeff's mom and dad came to visit. Here are the highlights of their visit.
Car Wash
His parents arrived and we picked up Lauren from daycare, and sat in the front yard waiting for Jeff to come home from work. Grandma got to help Lauren wash her car (and my fence, hee hee).

Friday night we went to Octoberfest in LoDo, not exactly the most traditional Octoberfest around, but fun none-the-less. Lauren's highlight was the baloon guy (I think he was drunk) and the huge pickles. Believe it or not- she had two of these! 
Jeff and I were excited to hear the opening ceremonies and a German woman gave the traditional toast
"Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit Der Gemutlichkeit.
Ein Prosit, ein Prosit Der Gemütlichkeit"
We heard (and sang) this COUNTLESS times in Munich at the Octoberfest beer tents (and at Hofbrau haus), this is followed by "Eins, zwei, drei g'suffa!" (1..2...3.. drink it up)
Usually followed by "Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke!", followed by "Hoi, hoi, hoi!" (not sure about this part- we thought is was the kiwi's)
I am willing to admit that I had to GOOGLE the spelling of the later parts of the toast, but the Ein Prosit part- I have down. We didn't know what people were saying when we were in Munich, so we sang "I'm toasted, I'm toasted... (fitting right?) and a nice woman who knew how to write in English wrote the proper toast on a napkin for us. I still have the napkin, and will never forget the toast.

No comments: