Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 large cans Chicken breast meat (or 1 rotisserre chicken shredded)
8 oz package Reduced-Fat cream cheese
1 c. Frank's hot wing sauce
1 c. Blue cheese or Ranch dressing (I like the Blue cheese)
(optional) 1/2 c. shredded cheese or blue cheese
celery and carrot sticks
crackers (Breton or wheat thins)

Drain and rinse the canned chicken and then mash/ shred it to break it apart. Mix in the next 3 ingredients in a bowl and microwave for a minute or two to get the cream cheese soft enough to mix. Then either put it in a crock pot and simmer it to mix together, or put it in a casserole and bake on 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I have seen it with melted cheese on top, or mix 1/2 cup of cheddar or blue cheese into the mix- I dont do either since I like it spicy and think it has enough fat already, so I skip extra cheese. Serve warm with celery, carrots and crackers for dipping. Delicious!

No comments: