Monday, July 11, 2011

Candy Land!

Lauren loves this game! We keep it up in Winter Park so she doesn't see it too often, but still always remembers how to play. She was talking to my mom on the phone last week about her upcoming visit to Denver with Aunt Susie and she told grandma V that she can play CandyLand with her, but Susie cannot because their aren't enough "guys". She is certainly too big for her britches sometimes- she is only 2 1/2 - I cannot believe she would think about their not being enough game pieces! There are 4 pieces- and usually Jeff, Lauren and I play- so she knows there is only enough for one more- WOW! Kids are much smarter that I ever gave them credit for.

Anyone else have little kid board games? I was thinking Chutes and Ladders was for little ones too? We never go to the big toy stores (out in the 'burbs ya know) so I am not sure what the options are. She definitely likes board games though.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Alex learned his numbers by playing Uno with me, not a board game but he loved it. Maya likes Candy Land too, we have Chutes and Ladders but it rarely gets played. Hi-Ho Cherry Oh is another good one. We have a little game called "Monkey Madness" that is simple, colorful and fun. We also have a smaller game called "Doodle Dice" that you can modify the rules to make it anything from very simple to more complex to include a variety of ages. Both Monkey Madness and Doodle Dice came from a small local toy shop in WI. If you have a small toy shop nearby I bet they could give you some great recommendations.
Krista

Laurie said...

Bought candy land today....I'm not sure she has the patience, but I'm excited to give it a try!

Love all the suggestions above! Thanks, Krista!

Nicole said...

Krista is a fantastic mommy to two- she always has great tips! We bought hungry hippos too and Lauren loves that!