Thursday, July 28, 2011

Photo Shoot!


Ok, so I got this fancy camera- might as well put it to use right? Since my mom is in town, I enlisted her as my asistant and tried to take some pictures of Lauren. Day 1= disaster. We got going too late and the lighting was too tricky. I didn't realize how hard it is to get "head shots" when the sun is overhead. It was about 9:45 am and way to bright or too shadowy depending on where we were. Also, in the shade she was dull and the bright sunny spots in the background stole the show. It was too hot, and my mom started wilting. We bailed, hit the playground for a while and went for slurpees.  Day 2= a bit better. Despite my best efforts, we still got out too late= 8:50 and the light was really tricky. She isn't reliably happy in the early evening, so I am thinking morning is my best bet, but  I think it needs to be before 8am.  I ended up with about 450 shots, which I tailored down to under 200 and think I havea few really nie ones. I really like my new camera, but still think I need to take a class to understand how to use it. If she were 20 years old and held still I think I could capture some fantastic shots, but since she runs full speed in whatever direction suits her.... I need to be prepared. I find that I cannot focus fast enough, and sometimes just dont know what I want to capture till it is too late.  I will go through and crop and pick some to share- here are a few that caught my eye at a glance!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

She's absolutely GORGEOUS! OH MY! You must frame the top one!

Catherine Anne said...

What great shots!!!