Monday, January 25, 2010

Mangos!


So, tonight I am enjoying some tasty mango and laughing at myself for thinking I didn't like them. Here is how the story goes: I tried mango from someone at work and didn't like it- it was all stringy and way too sweet. So, I decided- I dont like mangos.  Then, Jeff buys them at the grocery a few years later- and same thing- all stringy and super sweet- not to mention so hard to figure out how to cut it up.  So, we both think we dont like them.
Costco has this yummy, fresh (overpriced) fruit bowl that I love to buy- it has some hard, dark yellow fruit that is kinda tangy and sour. My co-workers and I ponder what this could be- taste after-taste. Mango? Papaya (no!)? What is it?? Can't be mango cuz I love it, right??

Well, the grocery had mangos for 50 cents each, so I bought a few- and yummy!! Turns out if you dont let them get too ripe they are hard and sour. Lauren, Jeff and I are all big fans- as a matter of fact- Lauren has packed mango and kiwi slices for her breakfast tomorrow (along with an egg-free, dairy-free blueberry waffle) sounds yummy, huh? Her daycare thinks she likes exotic food- funny don't ya think? She just eats what we eat. Guess we are quite the exotic crew...

No comments: