Wednesday, January 13, 2010

She is sassy...

So..... Lauren is copping an attitude. I knew it was only a matter of time, but the crying and screaming- got me a bit frazzled. I am worried that something is wrong with her, but she turns it on and off pretty conveniently- like whenever she doesn't get her way. Big cries with tears and all.  I am really missing my sweet little angel these days. She points at stuff and goes "eh eh eh" wanting you to give it to her, and if we dont- DRAMA!!  What do I do?? I need some good mama tips right 'bout now.  First and fore-most: we dont give in to it- we are not going to. We dont want to reinforce the naughtiness, so we chose to mainly ignore the drama, unless she is totally sobbing them we pick her up and snuggle her. But we dont give her whatever she is demanding. So far- she is just getting worse.  Maybe she is testing us? Maybe she is teething (she has NO TEETH yet, so we dont know....)? Maybe her ear infection never cleared up and she hurts (but only when she wants something???)?  I am going to read Parenting with love and logic- but I am not sure if that addresses babies at this age. I just need advice if anyone has it- she is a sweet little angel, and I want her to be a good girl. My big fear is to have a bratty child that no one wants to be with- so I really want to start good parenting behaviors now so she will be a sweet, happy girl.

4 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

Oh the ups and downs. Little man just said as Sweet pea was just getting over a terrible twos phase, "Mom that was a hard one" and it was hard for all of us... Phases thats what I like to call them. At this point Sweeet pea is the sweetest two year old... But whats to come, right???

Mom said...

I think she's the sweetest little thing every and she has the best Mom ever! I'm sure she is just being a normal one year old. She is doing what she knows how to do. SCREAM Just remember to chose your battles carefully. Everything battle is not important to win. Love ya

Laurie said...

Knowing what you want and stiving to get it is not a bad thing, right? At least that's what I try to tell myself. These girls are going to drive us crazy!!! The hardest job in the whole wide world: MOMMY!!! Thanks for being so great Moms!

Anne said...

Don't worry, Nicole. It goes away quickly. Infact, it only take about 16 years!!! Welcome to the reality of parenting. Rich said to tell you that kids learn to mimic their parents' actions, that's all! Ha! Ha!

Really....just enjoy every minute and help her grow into a well-rounded individual. You want her to learn to be independent and to voice her opinion. This is just the beginning of that very long process.

Hang in there!