Friday, January 1, 2010

Travel home


So, part of the reason I was drained and took a bit to post my Xmas stuff- besides the camera charger issue- we had a bit of trouble getting home. Our flight was 7:50am on sunday out of appleton. We paid a bit more to fly direct to Denver, thinking that connecting in O'hare would be a mess with Lauren and Casey.  Well, my cell phone rang at about 12:45 in the morning on sunday- our flight was cancelled. Crap, i tell you - the weather was fine. None-the-less, many, many hours on the phone. Telling us we will get home Monday or Tuesday night connecting through O'hare (WHAT!!??). We had to work on monday!!  So, I was up all night, calling United (hate those guys...) and thank you to Leon at United, he got us on a flight out of Madison on Sunday. Thank you to mom and randy for driving us all the way to Madison. On the bright side, I missed Madison and it was great to be there (if only for a few minutes in the airport) and now Lauren has been to a town that Jeff and I both love. 

No comments: